The Pentagon aims to reduce up to 60,000 civilian jobs through acquisitions and attrition
A senior defense official confirmed on Tuesday that the Pentagon are planning to reduce 50,000 to 60,000 civilian jobs in the next few months through voluntary resignations and not replace the workers who leave.
With the aim of reducing 5 to 8 percent of the civil workforce at the Ministry of Defense by more than 900,000, the Pentagon leadership is looking to get rid of about 6000 jobs per month by not re -filling roles as employees leave – either by retirement or moving to a job in the private sector.
The official said the Pentagon revolves around the discounts in two additional ways: voluntary resignation and shooting at test workers.
The outline is part of the wider effort by the Ministry of Governmental efficiency, led by billionaire Elon Musk, to take the ax to the federal civil workforce.
Nearly 21,000 workers have seized volunteer resignation earlier this year, which the official named the “thorn on the road” show, leaving in the coming months.
They will not say the number of civilians in the Ministry of Defense requested a voluntary resignation, but they said the “vast majority” who requested this.
They pointed out that some people have been rejected to “ensure the administration’s ability to work effectively”, so many people in the same role, specialization or office will not leave once.
The official said: “At the extreme, you may have 10 of 10 experts in a specific field that all participate, and if you accept blindly all requests and agree to them, you will have many unintended consequences,” the official said.
The official also admitted that “some” veterans of military warriors will be among the workers, allowing the number of thousands.
To date, the majority of the effort to reduce the workforce in the Pentagon is voluntary, though Last month, the administration sought to reduce about 5,400 civilian workers under observation, a step suspended due to legal challenges.
They said that the freezing of employment, which began four weeks ago, “creates something like 6000 openings for the civilian workforce per month, from normal attrition.”
The official added that Defense Minister Beit Higseth was confident that discounts could be made without negatively affecting the military readiness, noting that he gave the Pentagon’s supreme leadership the authority to grant exemptions to freeze employment.
Post Comment